– Based Nationwide
Looking for a new challenge?
Due to our sustained growth we are currently recruiting for a Design Assistant to join our team.
The ideal candidate is to have a roofing and cladding background however we are also happy to hear from anyone who is new to the industry and keen to learn.
This is a full time position based at our Head Office near Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
- Providing support to the Design Manager and all members of the team;
- Attendance of internal and external meetings;
- Chasing Clients, Architects and internal people when required to ensure that programmes are not compromised;
- Monitoring design programmes and workload with the Design Manager
- Creation of design files for new projects and ensuring that they are kept up to date;
- Drawing files (Architects, Engineers, Steelwork, Other)
- Submitting designs for internal review and then on for client approval;
- Production of flashing schedules, procurement schedules and fixing lists in sufficient time to allow for internal review and checking procedures and to meet manufacturers delivery dates;
- Updating and monitoring material delivery schedules
- Photocopying and distributing contractual information to internal departments;
- Liaising more with other departments to aid in a successful delivery of a project;
- Ensuring that all project information received from the client is appropriately transmitted to the relevant department;
- Sending e-mails, letters and making telephone calls in order to obtain all the information necessary;
- Working closely with the Design Team to understand the full extent of products;
- Production of operations and maintenance manuals;
- Liaising with the Client to understand the required format of operations and maintenance manuals;
- Production of request for information forms in conjunction with design team;
- Issuing request for information documents to the Client in accordance with the project procedures;
- Logging request for information documents onto the Design Report and filing where required;
- Logging all drawings and documents issued onto the report with high accuracy;
- Monitoring the Design Report against dates and chasing people where required;
- Liaising with Clients and chasing them on status, overdue items and discrepancies;
- Assisting the design team in organising samples;
- Downloading & uploading information where required or as advised by the Design Manager;
- Ensuring that technical information is transmitted through the Company where necessary;
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Project Team from time to time. This will be in accordance with the level of training skills and abilities which the job holder has or indeed achieves.
You will possess excellent IT skills, & Microsoft Office. Experience of AutoCAD would be advantageous.
You will be keen and willing to learn and develop in a supportive environment where a strong emphasis is placed on development and training. Good business communication skills will be essential along with a professional manner.
HOW TO APPLY— email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com